December 21, 2014

For my special Manolito


For Manolito

Manolito, Manolito, Manolito - your name sounds like a southern song all day through my head, Manolito .....

I was going to adopt Hera, the very old, blind dog but unfortunately this was not to be, because sadly Hera died on the day she was to fly to me. I wrote Fabiennne an email saying that should she have another old, sick "Special Care" doggy like Hera, I would be willing to help.

Pretty soon there was a grateful response to my email ... but in the same email Fabienne told me about you Manolito, about how you would lie under the garbage truck, afraid you would be attacked and so shy that you didn't want anyone to see you . She felt so sorry for you and wanted so much to see you happy. 

Now you should know, Manolito, that beside my offer to take in a "special care" dog I already have four female cats and three very old dogs, one with cancer. I do the best for her with all my love and will carry on doing it to keep her happy and pain free for as long as possible.  Day and night, sometimes getting up from my bed, I encourage her gently to take food and her medicine. 

I had a plan in my head. I wouldn't adopt a new dog until one of my old dogs had slipped away and when that happened, I would again take a special care dog because they are always welcome. This time it would be a small, fluffy little thing, one that I could lift easily and very young to make a nice balance with the oldies. I didn't have to do this now, I would do it when the time came. 

But not everything went according to the plan I had in my head, Manolito. Because you popped back into my mind again and again, like a jack in a box. Your story and the image of those sweet endearing pictures of you, I just could not forget them ... and then I went too see for myself and started think about how it might work. 

The thoughts went round and round and then there was no stopping. I could not contain myself and adopted you the self same day, because I want to see you happy, so happy! For your ticket is booked for Monday, December 29th and then you will fly to this cold country and when you arrive I will be waiting for you. 

Until then I will not worry about you, because I've read that you are very happy there in foster with Fabienne and Dirk. "Big shoes to fill" for me but I will do my level best to ensure that you will find happiness with me, my sweet boy.  You are welcome here, so welcome. I'll take care of you and you will be so loved.

With love from your new boss, Eugenie

PS Fabienne says I will fall in love with you, but I believe that I am already in love ...


Manolito meet your new family and as you see you are right there in the middle of us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment